2.18.2012

52 Book Challenge - Book Nine: Home Front

Yes, I am already posting another book I finished. And do you know why? Because it was the best. book. ever. No exaggeration. I could not put it down, nor could I stop crying at it.

This author (Kristin Hannah) wrote another book I read called Night Road - also a fabulous book - so you can imagine how excited I was when I was handed this  newbook by my boss (his wife is an avid reader, a perk of the job). I immediately started Home Front knowing it was going to be good but I was not prepared for amazing, emotional, heart wrenching and all those other adjectives that make for an awesome read.

Well I got prepared. By page twenty I actually gave a shit about the characters, by page fifty I felt for the characters, by page one hundred I practically WAS the characters. That is how much I cared. I cared enough to cry not once, not twice, but probably over three times. Actually it was probably the vast majority of the second half of the book, which took me two hours to read.

I have not read a book I felt so emotionally involved in since The Notebook (before it was a movie and everyone was obsessed with it thankyouverymuch). This is a MUST read. This book is so much more than a sappy story, in fact it isn't sappy at all. It is real life. Read it.



I refuse to tell you the entire plot since I feel so strongly you should read it I do not want to give anything away. I will set the tone for you though, since you should have an idea of what it is about. There is a family, the woman is a helicopter pilot for the army, the children are four and twelve, the father is emotionally disengaged and the mother is a perfectionist ... this is how it begins. Then the mother is deployed.

Read the damn book for more.
You will not be let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment